Wednesday, April 30, 2008

College Majors

Today was just an ordinary day where I went to my classes, wrote a paper, read and surfed the net. During this day, Econ 3 - Macroeconomics was one of my classes.

I came to UCSD as a Mechanical Engineering major thinking that I wanted to be an engineer as a living and then possibly go to grad school and get my MBA. That was the plan at least. Needless to say that changed during 1st quarter. There was nothing wrong with the actually MAE classes, but the other classes that you would have to take to get toward the engineering degree was the trouble. The Math 20 series and chemistry were the main concerns. I was barely floating on a C during the entire Fall quarter and at the end where it mattered I fucked up on the final resulting in me flunking Math 20A. I then made the decision to try out a different major, Economics. This major seemed to be a suitable one for me since I like money and business and supposedly is supposed to be much easier than engineering. While it is true that I no longer need to take chemistry, physics, and other science classes, it is still very difficult at UCSD. I found out that the original highlight of UCSD was the Economics Department. I am happy at least that all my AP credit that I earned during high school finally gets me somewhere in this major unlike in MAE.

Back to today, I went to Econ today and got my 1st midterm back. It wasn't the grade that I expected just by a little. Needless to say I NEED TO STUDY and grasp the concepts better asap before the next midterm!

No comments: